Bet you already know by now that Invisalign treatment can give you that awesome Hollywood smile, straight and beautiful. Invisalign is a series of clear invisible aligners that will gradually shift your teeth into the optimal position. What’s best is that this treatment has very little discomfort. However, most patients who seek Invisalign treatment often wonder what it is like to wear Invisalign. Well, Invisalign is a fairly new arrival to the orthodontic scene, and it made its debut back in 1997 through Align Technology, and it immediately became a popular alternative to braces. According to dental research, since 1997, more than 2 million people have used Invisalign treatment to straighten their teeth. Well, in case you are one of the lucky few who underwent an Invisalign treatment in the New Hyde Park, NY area here are a few tips.
Invisalign Treatment Do’s
- Brush and Floss your Teeth. Well, this goes without saying, but you need to regularly brush your teeth, and especially the ones you want to keep. Orthodontists recommend brushing your teeth after every meal and before going to bed.
- Clean your aligners. This needs to be part of your brushing routine. Invisalign sells normally have a special way of cleaning, using crystals to remove plague from the aligners. However, you can still brush the aligners using vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.
- Wear your aligners for a minimum of 22 hours per day. If you keep removing your aligners too much, then your treatment might take longer than it should ideally. Therefore it’s better to keep them on, and save your hard-earned dollars!
Invisalign Treatment Don’ts
- Don’t Remove your aligners unless brushing or flossing. It’s not a crime to have your aligners However, you need to wear them more often than not.
- Avoid Smoking or Chewing gum with your aligners on. Gum will get stuck on your aligners; this can be a sticky mess if you haven’t experienced this first hand. It’s better to avoid these activities as much as possible once you have your Invisalign treatment done.
In case you are looking to get an Invisalign treatment in the New Hyde Park, NY area, then you have come to the right place. Contact our office or call 516-362-2257.